Sprint 4 Retrospective

I am confident that all my group members would agree that this fourth sprint has been by far the most productive sprint to date. We accomplished a lot of work, most notably creating a few different prototype components for our multiple patient list tab structure. We learned more about how to put together our component, as well as began to look at the Ampath specific services so we can adapt our model to their overall system.

The first thing we did was created an empty branch on the main Ampath Github repository which will serve as the connection branch between the master branch and the branch with our code. After we completed the pull request for our empty branch, we were able to use ng generate to create all the necessary files and folders for our tab component.

With all of the setup completed, we were able to start experimenting with angular’s given component materials, and after verifying that we were allowed to use them under the MIT license, we each created a basic model that best fulfilled the design goals of the multiple patient list tab component. While we still are a bit fuzzy on how to implement the tab component for the cards, we definitely have made significant progress in both producing a working model as well as further clarifying the concepts we need to implement.

At the end of the sprint, when we were reviewing the features of our prototype components, we committed our branch with out working model to github, and began to discuss with the team working on mocking the server about what types of data structures and Ampath services we need to use to make communication with the server easier. This is our current task, as we need to figure out how to communicate back and forth, so we can move on to the next step of our design. Once we have a clear understanding of what types of data need to be sent back and forth, we will be very close to creating our minimum viable product.

We as a team and me in particular hit a couple of road blocks which hindered our understanding or progress, but ultimately solving them led us to a deeper understanding of the specific needs of implementing our component. The first hiccup I stumbled on was the decision to use Google’s material design or Angular’s built in materials. After finding out that Google needed a wrapper class and a few extra dependencies, we reached a consensus to use the simpler angular materials. And as I said earlier, we are still hung up on deciding on and implementing Ampath’s services. Finally, we are still not sure exactly what type of data is needed to be displayed on the tabs components for each card.

I am very satisfied about the amount of progress that we achieved during this sprint. We not only have an interactive working model, we all also have a much better understanding of not only how to implement the features we desire, but also a clearer picture of our end-game design goals. The roadblocks we hit were only there because of the amount of progress we completed, which is a good sign to me. After we figure out what our next steps are and implementing them, we should be able to communicate with the server and start our later stages of development.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s